Ayesha Takia (born 10 April 1986) is an Indian actress, whom made her film debut in Taarzan: The Wonder Car for which she won the Filmfare Best Debut Award in 2004. Her notable films include Dor (2006), for which she won the Screen Award for Best Actress (Critics), and Wanted (2009).
Current user rating: 80/100 (2 votes)
Takia began her career as a model when she was 15, appearing in the "I am a Complan Boy! I’m a Complan Girl!" campaign and also in Falguni Pathak's "Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye" music video. Later she appeared in the music video Shake It Daddy Remix of song Nahin Nahin Abhi Nahin along with actor Keith Sequeira, which brought her to the attention of Bollywood, and a few film offers followed. She signed a contract to appear in Socha Na Tha, then for Taarzan: The Wonder Car. However, delays making Socha Na Tha meant that Taarzan was released first and was therefore her “debut” film. She won the Filmfare Best Debut Award in 2004 for her performance in the film.
Takia has appeared in a number of films that did poorly at the box office. However, she has been highly praised for her work in the 2006 Dor, a smaller budget film in which she plays the role of a young widowed Rajasthani woman living in a traditional joint family. She went on to win several awards for her performance in the film, including the Zee Cine Critics Award for Best Actress.
Apart from Bollywood, Takia has also appeared in the 2005 Telugu film Super, with Tollywood star Akkineni Nagarjuna, for which she was nominated for the Filmfare Best Actress Award (Telugu). Her most recent hit was Prabhu Deva's Wanted, co-starring Salman Khan, which emerged as one of the biggest blockbusters of 2009. The film was the third-highest grossing movie of the year and her role met with positive reviews. In 2011, she starred in Mod, which met with a good response.
- Taarzan (2004) Also starring Vatsal Sheth, Ajay Devgan
- Dil Maange More (2004) Also starring Shahid Kapoor, Soha Ali Khan
- Super (2005) Also starring Nagarjuna, Anushka
- Socha Na Tha (2005) Also starring Abhay Deol
- Shaadi No. 1 (2005) Also starring Sanjay Dutt, Fardeen Khan, Zayed Khan, Sharman Joshi
- Robbery (2005) Also starring Nagarjuna, Anushka
- Home Delivery (2005) Also starring Vivek Oberoi
- Dor (2006) Also starring Gul Panag, Shreyas Talpade
- Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota (2006) Also starring Jimmy Shergill, Konkona Sen Sharma
- Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) Also starring Akshay Khanna, Mallika Sherawat, Suniel Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani
- Salaam E Ishq (2007) Also starring Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla
- No Smoking (2007) Also starring John Abraham, Ranvir Shorey
- Fool n Final (2007) Also starring Sunny Deol, Shahid Kapoor, Vivek Oberoi, Sameera Reddy
- Cash (2007) Also starring Ajay Devgan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Zayed Khan, Shamita Shetty, Esha Deol
- Blood Brothers Short Film (2007) Also starring Siddharth
- Sunday (2008) Also starring Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi
- De Taali (2008) Also starring Aftab Shivdasani, Ritesh Deshmukh
- Wanted (2009) Also starring Salman Khan
- 8x10 Tasveer (2009) Also starring Akshay Kumar
- Paathshaala (2010) Also starring Shahid Kapoor, Nana Patekar
- Mod (2011) Also starring Rannvijay Singh